> > Okay, so no PC bay drive gizmo. What would you recomend for digital
> > recordings ?
> > 1. PC sound card with digital o/p
> > 2. integrated CD/MD hifi separate (seems funny using those two words in
> the
> > same phrase, but you know what I mean).
> > 3. CD player with digital o/p.
> > 4. any others ????
>
> CD player with digital outputs gets my vote because its what I use, but
> there is a lot of discussion at present about using soundcards with digital
> outputs.

I'd like to get a digital in/out soundcard, but there
are some issues that keep me from buying one:

1. No track marks
2. No Linux drivers
3. Effectively no SCMS control (but I don't really care)

Until these are remedied, I'm happy with my CD player's
digital out.

Alexander
--
| Alexander Dietrich | Norderstedt, Germany |
| e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |