"J. Coon" wrote:

> Has anyone experianced the "Click of death" Syndrom on ZIP drives?  I
> have one but haven't used it very much.  I friend ran into this "Click
> of Death" and lost a couple of his archives. Bummer.

Wrong forum to discuss this issue, but I've been a ZIP drive user since they were
first released. I have an external Parallel Port drive which has been very well
travelled in backpacks, suitcases and even carrier bags. The only problems I had
with it were when I trieds to run a scanner and zip drive off the same parallel
port - this can result in a corrupted disk. The click of death seemed to be
caused by early versions of SmartDrive in DOS6.2 if memory serves....

--
Magic

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk