Derek Jacobson wrote:

> This is a little off topic but I am looking for a way to get an optical
> output from my IBM Thinkpad. Does anyone know of a product (or another
> way) that can allow be to transfer my MP3s to Minidisc without  buying a
> desktop computer.
>
> -Derek Jacobson

You should be able to get a USB port fitted, either internally or as a
PCMCIA card. Once you have this, the Opcode DATPort is your best bet for
quality optical input and output. I'm having great difficulty getting the
DATPort in this country (import tax is a real pain!), but you should be able
to buy the DATPort direct from www.opcode.com .

--
Magic

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK