Arnaud Devilder, Area sales manager of MPO media ( makers of CDR's, MD's,
LD's, LP's, DVD's etc...) wrote:

>>Dear all,
>>I am sorry to inform you that due to a very strong competition >>against
>>Taiwanese manufacturers, European made discs Hi-SPACE/MPO >>do not
>>manufacture anymore Memoresx MDs for months now.
>>So this problem with these discs is not due to one of ours.

Magic sniped:

>Presumably this means you have some psychic ability to tell how long >the
>discs were in the warehouse before their eventual resale?

Due to the constantly falling price of MD media ( hurrah !) I doubt anyone
would be foolish to sit on stock for any long period of time, as it's value
would have dropped 50% in the last year at market prices.

  As far as I am aware,  Memtek started sourcing their MD's from Korea in
the first few months of 1998, long enough for the remaining MPO stock to
have been sold, and have only just started selling/distributing in this
country. ( Yes, I used to be so sad I had one of every type of disc on the
market. Checkout www.justified.com./md for some of my contributions. Hell, I
had 2 lens cleaners...!!)  The disc you have is Korean.  It comes from the
same factory as the Mitsubishi discs that have been available for the last
couple of months, and is off the same design.

It is unusual for a reseller to source from two companies when one is
undercutting the other, unless they are tied into a contract.

Magic, don't snipe at manufacturers, or they will not stay on this list.
Arnaud is fantastic answering technical questions about MD's, and also has
replaced faulty discs FROM ANOTHER MANUFACTURER for me, whilst investigating
the cause(s) of their failure.

Richard