Hey, this is pretty cool. So in actual fact I don't need to buy a digital
sound card at all. But this solution is only good for recording CDs
directly. MP3 dumping is another story. Okay, so the cogs are starting to
turn. How about using a pin from the PCs parallel port connected to this
little component. Anybody any ideas what speeds we're talking about ? And a
bit of code to enable digital output of MP3 files via the parallel
port/TOSLINK component... et voila. If the paralled port
is up to the speed, the code will require some kind of clock syncing to get
a steady digital output.

Okay, I'm starting to think that with this much effort envolved the digital
sound card might be worth it. But for anyone on a seriously tight budget and
plenty of time ???

Anybody any thoughts ?

Peter. (the guy WITH the live-in girlfriend WITH the MZ-R55 ;0)