According to that portie comparison table that was mentioned recently, a
noticeable difference between the '831 and the 'R90 is that the Sharp has
twice the amp power (10+10mW vs 5+5mW)
I'm looking at the R90, because its a Sony :) and generally, it sounds like
its rather cool, but I'm apprehensive about the amp power - how much
difference does it make in this sort of situation?
ATM, it would be driving Sennheiser HD455's, which put out more than enough
volume on a Sony walkman, and I've conveniently lost the spec sheet that
came with it, so can anyone comment on a headphone amp difference between
say, a 5+5mW amp and a standard sorta Sony walkman?

Thanks, Nick