> Does anyone have experience with different titling systems for use with
> the Sony MDS-JE530. I'd really like to title directly from my PC, but
> since Sony changed the IR-signals on the 530, the remotes for the 510
> and 520 can no longer be used. According to Sony I should be able to use
> the kit they ship with the MDS-PC1 but it'll cost me about $150 and that
> 's way too much.
> I know that there are alternative ways for the 510 and 520 but none of
> them seems to be tested on the 530.

I don't test my titling program WinRemote (http://www.czechin.com/minidisc)
yet,
because I have not any JE530 for testing.

But someone report that WinRemote work with JE530, there are only some
small problems:
  - Batch titling work Ok.
  - Realtime titling work except <delete> key (I don't know right IR code
for delete).
  - Realtime controlling work Ok, but there isn't button for "Menu"
operation,
    because I don't know right IR code for it (I hope that I will find this
code).

Martin