HI All,

I've sent Shawn Lin a question regarding a problem that I'm having, and
I'd like to open it up to everyone.

Problem is the md recorder showing that it's recording.  But when it is
stopped, it takes a long long time to write the TOC.  Then during
playback, it won't play or the time counter advances slowly and no sound
comes out.  Taking the MD out and insert it back in will show it as being
blank.

I've also experienced once, where after recording, it plays through the
tracks fine.  But if I take the MD out and put it back it, it shows as
blank.

If I edit MD's that where recorded by good MD recorders, it will erase the
darn thing.  I've lost plenty of MD's this way already.

Shawn Lin has said on his homepage that it's due to misalignment of the
magnetic head.  I've checked mine, it looks like it's at about the right
place.  Any idea what other causes?  Or if anyone's experienced this and
found a fix?

Appreciate it,
Allan