Hey there folks, I have a three week old Sony that I am extremely
happy with, except for this oooooone little thing:  The Line out leves are
completely cranking.  It actually started about a week after I got the
unit, I have been using it constantly, recording with mics and using the
optical cable.  One day I was in my car, using a tape adapter coming from
the line out (analog of course), I started getting distortions on a
recording made optically that had not had problems in the past.  I
switched the plug to the headphone output, and then it was fine.  Later at
home, I tested the same line output with a stereo using an RCA cable and
recieved the same hot distored signals.  It wasn't completely distorted,
but enough that it was quite noticable.  One of the reasons I bought the
damn Sony is because it had a separate Line out, so this is very annoying
as you would probably imagine.
        Luckily, I bought the recorder at Circuit City, and got a three
year guarantee from them.  Before I go return/exchange my Sony, does
anyone have an idea on why it is suddenly distorting?  Thanks, and I hope
all of you are enjoying your units as much as I am enjoying mine!  (how's
that for an ending thought?)  ;)

                                -=James

James Caran
e-mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]