The artist formerly known as James Caran wrote:

> Before I go return/exchange my Sony, does
> anyone have an idea on why it is suddenly distorting?  Thanks, and I hope

I would take a guess that the connection to the circuit board has detatched
slightly, so it is no longer securely soldered to the board. This would be one
cause for the symptoms you describe, but it could be many other things. Whatever
the cause it's not worth trying to repair yourself if it's under guarantee - just
return the unit.

--
Magic

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A book judged by it's cover makes for a very shallow read."