Hello all

I was wondering if you could help me.  I have instructions for connecting a
CD-ROM to a SHARP TOSLINK module as found on The MiniDisc Appreciation
Pages.  However, when I play the CD I get a NO SIGNAL error on the MD (it is
a portable Sony MZ-R55).  I have both a CD-ROM and a CD Writer, if I look
down the fiber optic when the TOSLINK is connected to the digital out on the
CD-ROM it seems fainter when not playing than when it is playing an audio
CD.  When connected to the writer it is red when not playing, but goes off
completely when playing an audio CD.  Do you have any ideas what is going
wrong??

Regards

Rob Felthouse