On my M55 portable (and my CD player) when I stop playing a disc it resumes
playing at the same spot where it stopped. On my home MDS-J520 deck the
disc plays from the beginning each time, very irritating if I'm playing a
long radio recording with no track markers and hit stop instead of pause.

I've read the manual and fiddled through the menus but to no avail, if
anyone knows how to invoke such a 'resume' function on the MDS-J520 then
I'd be glad to hear about it.

Thanks,
John