This is another of those weird Sony design decisions.
Just why we can't have a resume function or gap-less random play on a home
deck is really beyond me.
In fact the missing 'resume' function on home decks is almost as stupid as
the end search function on portables.
How does always playing a disc from the beginning in a home deck tie in
with the design philosophy of MD simulating the workings of compact
cassette? (as end search is supposed to do)

I wonder how much they pay the designers of this stuff?
Megadollars, I would think,  to include features we don't need and to
forget the ones we do need.....

Then again, I guess you can't please everyone.....

(with apologies to the pro ES camp)

GB