From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf
Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Friday, 15 October 1999 15:50
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: MD: which CDr blanks to use

Jeff Carvalho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Wrote:

...can anyone recommend a better type discs
to use for long term archiving of music...

I'm writing:

My experience after about 400 burned audio CDs Is that you need to find the
right disc for the combination of burner / burning speed / player that you
are using. There's always a difference in laser intensity etc. between CD
writers, and in the same way ther's differences in the players. Some friends
of mine has a special modell of Technics players (SLP-330 I think) that
wouldn't play any CDRs, but my old Technic from -87 plays everything, even
the cheapest nonames burned at 4x.
For my burner (Panasonic 7502 / player I've found that Kodaks work well.
(Note that Kodak has changed their discs two times the last year, different
type of dye etc.)

My advise to you is to try and see what combination is best to you. If the
Maxells work fine I see no point in changing.

/Lars