Yann LEZY wrote:

> > Plus the Wav recording must be in 16bit / 44kHz stereo.
> > (or at least converted to that if the original is not).
>
> Wrong !
> Yesterday, I recorded a speech on my MD then recorded as a 22Khz 16bits
> mono wav file and burnt it to an audio CD using Easy CD Creator.
> I didn't do any conversion to the file.
>
> I didn't get any warning nor error, and the CD plays perfectly.
>
> My $0.02
>
> Yann

WRONG!!!

You can record a WAV in almost any format you like, but it will depend on
the software you use as to whether this will be able to burn direct to CD.
Some software will convert the WAV to 16bit 44.1kHz as it writes the CD, or
it may make an image file, evidently yours does this. Some software will
reject the file. You should convert the file using sound editing software
rather than relying on the on-the-fly algorythm the CD software uses,
because the sound software will usually have systems in place to remove
quantization errors etc. during conversion, which will give a better end
result.

--
Magic

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of
sound is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."