----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher Spalding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 1999 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: MD: randomness

> Since you brought up the floppy disk analogy, why would Verbatim have a
> lifetime guaruntee, and joe blogg's generic brand floppies not?

Lifetime guarantees are not worth the paper they are printed on. A lifetime
guarantee means the product is guaranteed for its lifespan - ie until it
goes wrong. THis is basically saying "We guarantee this product will remain
frree from manufacturing or workmanship defects until somethig goes wrong
with it, because then it's lifespan is over so it's no longer guaranteed."
What a waist of time that is. Check out the local trading standards office
(or whatever your contries equivelent is if you're not in the UK) and ask
them about Lifetime guarantees - it sure surprised me when I did!

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk (under construction)
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]