Hello All!
I really hope someone out there can help me with my strange problem.  I've
had a sharp 702 for over a year now and have had no problems, not even that
nefarious UTOC error.  So, I put in a minidisc today and push play and what
happens?  The display says it is playing, scrolling the song name (fyi- it
was Radiohead's Airbag) and even happily flickering its little decibel meter.
 But no sound is heard!  I check the headphones- snuggly plugged in.  And I
hear the beeps when I change the track and whatnot, so I know the problem
ain't the headphones.  With the volume all the way up to 30, I can barely
discern the extremely quiet music.  All signs seem to point to some sort of
messed up EEPROM setting, which no, I have never played with.  Can anybody
help me?  Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks much
Gary