From: PrinceGaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 1999 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: MD: Warner Re-Enters MiniDisc Market

> 1. How many CDs have you purchased in the last year

Somewhere between 200 and 250. It's rare for me to come back home on a
Friday without at least 3 or 4 CDs.

> 2. How many pre-recorded MDs have you purchased in the last year

Three.

> 3. If the same album was available in both formats- which would you choose

I'd choose CD. I often find I don't like every track on a CD album though,
so I like to copy the bits I do like onto an MD to take around and listen
to. I can also get a better copy when new versions of ATRAC are released. I
also like CDs more because the artwork is bigger on a CD, although if I had
my way you'd still be able to buy vinyl albums - the one thing I miss is the
large format covers. Some of the ECM album covers were incredible - I have a
few mounted on the wall. Enlarged CD covers don't look the same, and MD
covers are way too small for me!

> 4. What proportion of your MD collection are pre-recorded discs

Too small..... 3 out of over 3000 discs..... less than 0.1%

If you were to ask how many of my MDs are of pre-recorded discs I already
own on CD then you'd be looking at around 80%.

> Is it possible to have a survey here on md-l (or a related website)?

If you want to use my website to run the poll I'll be glad to help. Chuck
something through on the EMail to me - be as detailed or brief as you like,
and we'll see what happens. I can collate the results and return them to
you. One thing I'm glad to say my ISP doesn't moan about is large amounts of
Email! :o)

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk (under construction)
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]