==================BEGIN QUOTE======================================
  ANYWAY, to my question.....
I have also noticed that on the back of the Pioneer changer there is an
output labeled SUBCODE OUTPUT.  The manual states that this will be used
at a later date by Pioneer.  Well, I figured that since the unit was so
far ahead of it's time in 1988, that this might be some type of output
for data disks or DVD.  I would appreciate any input as to what this may
be or where I can find the information as to what it is...I have already
tried Pioneer's page but to no avail....
================END QUOTE====================================

This was meant to be for sharing data from the PQ Subcodes data stream that
are used in the Red-Book CD-Audio standard. This data is mainly used for
track numbering, pre-emphasis, SCMS and the like. The idea at that time was
to connect a black box which decoded CD+Graphics data and "paint" the
bitmapped pictures on a television or computer screen. All the audio would
be stripped from this output at this data outlet and such data would end up
in the CD+Graphics box.

The CD+Graphics specification mainly evolved in a few multi-purpose
interactive-CD players such as the Commodore CDTV (an earlier attempt to
house a computer - an Amiga 500 with CD-ROM drive - in a
living-room-friendly box) and the Philips CD-I machines as well as a handful
of JVC players pitched at karaoke use. Also the CD+Graphics format ended up
mainly being used as a medium for karaoke applications -- a disc equipped
with a backing track and some real-time lyrics.

Once you knew what the data-stream that came out of this port consisted of,
you could use that to "get at" the CD-Text data stream on newer CDs to aid
in titling MiniDiscs or presenting on a display.

With regards,

Simon Mackay