In a message dated 11/27/99 5:30:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I just want to know if there is a difference of quality of the digital
 out between different CDROMs, because my CDROM is a 8X Goldstar
 (GCD-R580B) and perhaps it would be better to buy a new one :) >>

No, a digital out is just that... pure 1's and 0's.  There is no such thing
as "better quality digital sound,"  such as between two brands of blank
minidiscs or two different cd rom drives.  There may be some tiny tiny tiny
tiny difference between two cd-rom drives because of slight (and I do mean
slight) variations in spin speed.  But any "audiophile" who tells you he can
hear the difference between them is lying.

Gary