Someone wrote:
> Ripped data does not go down the digigal audio link, and audio playback is
> so "slow" that the disc would need to be seriously damaged for error
> correction to begin to fail.  The el-cheapo Goldstar drive should be no
> better or worse than a Plextor for making digital copies to MD.

        I'm Writing:
        First: I have a plextor and I'm extremly satisfied. Best CDs for
ripping.
        Second: My Plextor (TS-20X i think its called) does not have a
digital out. You have to go through the SCSI interface and a soundcard with
digital out. Does other Plextors have digital outputs?
        Third: I do this and record to my MD and it works perfect.
        Fourth: There could be mechanical diffrencies between different
players making them more or less good at reading  not perfect (scatched)
cds.
        Fifth: Remember that Audio CDs have one less level of error
correction than data CDs. Thats one reason why we need the Plextors when
ripping. :-)

        Lars Soderman
        Stockholm, Sweden