Steven Brooks wrote:
> This does sound like a great deal, especially at $1.75/each.  I've had a
> 10-pack of Memorex, that I haven't even used up yet, so I'm sure 20 would
> last quite awhile.  Still, I do have a lot of archiving of cassettes to do
> still.  I haven't had any problems with Memorex, though I've heard it's not
> totally trustworthy... has anybody heard any facts to substantiate this
> rumor?

As many of you in the U.S. know, this same Memorex 20 pack is available
from Circuit City for $29.95 ($1.50/ea.).

As to the quality or lack thereof of Memorex MD`s: I have around 50 and
have had zero problems. Some other brands have nicer cases, but I think
the savings are worth it. The ones in the above 20-pack are different,
however, from the ones I have been using (mine came in 10 packs with
each MD having an its own case) -- the 20 pack comes in as 4 plastic
boxes of (no case) MDs. That's why I didn't buy them -- wanted the
individual cases.

BTW, believe it or not a local Boy Scout troop was selling Maxell Gold
MD 5 packs for $5.00! I bought all they had (only 8 5 packs, unfortunately).
Probably someone donated them to the troop.

peter gross                             "When an elephant is in trouble,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    even a frog will kick him."
                                                         --Hindu proverb