Hi MD users.....

I was just wondering, what instruments/souds does sharp ATRAC have trouble
encoding (i would like a complete list)...also, does sony's atrac have
trouble with anything (i haven't heard anything weird on my r50
yet)....also, whaty does it sound like when it has trouble...

question #2:

what's the cheapest CD player w/ optical out?  ive been using MD for almost
a year now, but i still don't have any optical out (mostly because approx.
3/4 of my MD collection is backups of music that was only availible on those
weird rectangular thingies with some shiny black.brown junk in them......i
think they're called "old-fashioned-shit-music-holders" :)  anyways, ive
made a few rec's from CDs and decided thAT i might get an op-out CD thing
for the holidays...Christmas/Sabbat of Yule/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/whatever.

finally, my r50 fell onto the ground (cement) from a table, after a
friend set it on said table and walked away, headphones on, cord
forgotten.....it still plays/records fine, but now, when the display turns
off and the op. block goes back to the beginning of the sled, it makes these
weird "chkchkchk"ing noise, like it's struggling.  if you don't know what i
mean from my onomatapaea (sp?), it sounds like it's encountering something
wile returning .  this something throws it backwards  a little bit, and it
tries again. and again....  it seems harmless, but what can i do to get rid
of it? once it happened during class (i had it in my pocket) and everyone
thought i farted/passed gas/broke wind/flatulated

HELP!!!

jeffrey lan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]