Martin Schiff wrote:

> If you have to go to that much trouble to reproduce this problem, then the
> chances that it will occur randomly during a recording seem pretty slim. No?

It happened the first time that sound sample was recorded when I tested
it.  No need for looping or anything, just record it from start to
finish.  I guess another factor that must be considered is whether the
PC is playing the file at exactly the right speed.  If the speed is
wrong the pitch will change and the problem may not show up.

-cb