To give you an idea of how good it can be, I am currently working on a
project in which i used both the DXC-D30p camera head with DSR-1p back
(which combined makes the DSR-130p - this is a 3CCD, 850 line DVCAM camera -
the head is the current sony flagship - filled with DSP n stuff, and the
back is DVCAM standard.)  Fully loaded this is about AU$50k, ex tax.  I had
some other stuff i had to add in, so i grabbed the TRV-900p, and shot a few
things i had to drop in, and these fit in very well with the 130's pictures,
there is a noticeable change in resolution to the trained eye, but with
manual control of /everything/ (especially w/b and exposure) the TRV900
matched the 130's picture well enough so that when i did a quick dump to
VHS, you could not notice the difference at all.

The colour matched, and the general feel of the footage (which i guess has a
lot to do with the CCD assembly, and the DSP - so being from the same brand
helps) was nearly a perfect match.

Christopher Spalding
Genius, generally excellent and gifted person.
(ICQ#: 43270049)