> If you choose to believe that the laws as purchased by the recording
> industry from congress represent ethics, enjoy your world

No, I'm not talking about laws at all in this case (and, by the way,
the laws that govern this predate both the recording industry and
Congress; their antecedents predate this country entirely).

When you duplicate someone else's intellectual property without
permission, you are as guilty of stealing just as much as if you took
their car.