Adam and Terri Noto wrote:

> 1, I need to purchase a microphone for recording.  I will be recording
> concerts in arena's and small clubs.  I don't want to spend a rediculous
> amount of $$, ($200??).  What are you using out there and what do you
> recommend or not recommend?

These work well.

http://www.tir.com/~liteways/Mandolin.html#Microphone
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/

> 2.  How do I go about uploading my mini-disc onto my computer to burn onto a
> CDR.

You can use the line input on your sound card and the line out one the
MD recorder.  If you have a deck, you can go digital if you have a
digital input on the sound card.  You can record wav files with Windows
Sound Recorder, or the software that comes with teh CD burner.  Cool
Edit is also very to record from the line input, and you canuse it to
edit the material before you rerecord it.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker

My first web page