> My internet connection only operates
> at 26.4 even though my modem supports 56k, think it's the lines because I
> tested it with my laptop that does work at almost full speed other
> locations, and it still goes 26.4, but I'd like to listen to the shows.

You're right - it's the lines. Poor 56k dialups would indicate DACS line
splitting (ie. getting 2 subsciber lines from one exchange point). Ring your
telco and ask them outright if your line has had DACS fitted, and what steps
they'll take to remove it. You want plain old copper all the way from your
residence to the exhange.

Simon