Given that I have a G-3 and that I'm not going to change to Windoze, I have
this question: What does it take for me to get the S/PDIF signal from the
player into the Mac so that I can edit my field recordings in Sound Edit 16?

I can and do use the line out and the audio input on the G-3 (this one is an
A?V version with a rather decent sound/video card) and the results are
acceptable. I would rather do this digitally.

Assuming that whoever eventually do a Mac version of their SPDIF - USB
device, this still leaves the question of software that will allow me to
capture the digital signal.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Iechyd da,

Grover Cleveland