> but buying a Hongkong version would be better. the only thing to consider
> is frequency, in europe we use 60 Hz in America they use 50 Hz, I don't
> know about other countries, and I don't know if the md is bothered by
it...

-----End Quoted (and cut) Message-----

I know it doesn't always seem like it, but England, and, I think, the rest
of Britain, also uses 50Hz.

Much electronic kit these days comes multi-standard. There's a switch
somewhere that flips between the different voltages.So no need to worry
about different flavours.

When looking for a transformer, look for one that will accept whatever
voltage you throw at it. The unit with my HP portable doesn't give a toss
about where I plug it in.

MK