I just thought I should set the record straight here.  USA and Canada
use 60 Hz AC power and I believee Mexico does too.  Canada used to have
some 50 Hz service back in the 40 and 50s ( as in 1940, 1950) I am told,
but USA is 60 Hz and so is Canada now.  The standard voltage in the US
is 110 to 120 volts 60 Hz AC.

Michael Kenward wrote:

> > but buying a Hongkong version would be better. the only thing to consider
> > is frequency, in europe we use 60 Hz in America they use 50 Hz, I don't
> > know about other countries, and I don't know if the md is bothered by
> it...
>
> -----End Quoted (and cut) Message-----
>
> I know it doesn't always seem like it, but England, and, I think, the rest
> of Britain, also uses 50Hz.
>
> Much electronic kit these days comes multi-standard. There's a switch
> somewhere that flips between the different voltages.So no need to worry
> about different flavours.
>
> When looking for a transformer, look for one that will accept whatever
> voltage you throw at it. The unit with my HP portable doesn't give a toss
> about where I plug it in.
>
> MK

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker