>Hey guyz...sorry, but I have a couple of more questions?  I have just =
>bought a SOny mini disc recorder MZ-R55, and I want to record digitally =
>from the mp3s in my computer.  How can I do it?  what is the cheapest =
>solution? Do I have to buy a digital soundcard? What kind of outputs =
>must this soundcard have, toslink or coax?  Which sound card would you =
>recommed......DO i need a toslink connector or something?  Thank You.  =
>Please explain as I am new to the Mini Disc world!

Yes, you'd need a digital soundboard, but they vary, there are very cheap
ones which have a very simple output, it looks like a jumper, it's only two
pins sticking out of the board, this in essence is the coaxial out, but it
is a different voltage, so you'd have to convert that to the right voltage
with a simple converter. then there are the soundboards with an RCA digital
output, this is simply coaxial output. the problem with these two is that
you need to convert the coaxial signal into an optical one, since the
mz-r55 can only receive digital signals optically. There are also
soundboards with a optical digital output (ie TOSLINK), but there are only
a few, and are expensive.

So you can do several things:

-Buy a very expensive soundboard with a TOSLINK transmitter.
-Buy a less expensive soundboard with RCA digital output, and buy/build a
converter that converts the coaxial signal into an optical one.
-Buy a cheap to less expensive soundboard with a jumper header digital TTL
level output, and buy/build a converter that converts the TTL level signal
into an optical one. (there are very nice prebuild converters you can put
in the back of your pc)

Mind you that very cheap soundboards are not always truly digital, some
convert to analog first, and then convert back to digital to provide the
digital output...

Hope this helps...

Bye, Remko van der Vossen, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Black Angel, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ICQ: 48056779
EDA and owner of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fan of Jewel, The X-Files, Chris Carter, Mac Gyver,
BtVS, Jane Jensen's Gabriel Knight

Pretty; "There is a pretty girl on the Face of this magazine
And all I can see are my dirty hands turning the page" Jewel