I spent some time over the weekend working with the MDS-PC2 and its PC-based
editing program.  It works really great for titling!  I titled about 30
discs.  When you insert a disc, the PC program reads any existing titles.
You can edit the titling information from the PC keyboard.  After editing
each track, the new information is transfered to the MDS-PC2 when you press
"Enter".

The Sony software includes a program for printing labels that can be printed
an applied to the disc.  I tried this program; it seemed to work fine, but
the printing is almost to small to read.

The digital audio transfer via an M Audio DIO2448 to the Cool Edit 2000
program works OK, but I found that it important to check for "skips" when
transfering from MD into Cool Edit.  It may help to close all other
programs, so Cool Edit isn't competing for the CPU and memory.

I still haven't gotten the digital audio output on the CDROM connected so I
can try the drag-and-drop transfer feature of the Sony software.  I started
building a bracket with a TOSLink transmitter and receiver.  My plan is to
use the transmitter to hook the second input on the MDS-PC2 to the output of
the CDROM drive.  I'll hook the internal S/PDIF input header on the DIO 2448
to a switch on the bracket that allows it to be switched to either the
TOSLink receiver or the CDROM.