Hi guys, if any of you can help me I'd be eternally grateful!

My CD-RW drive has decided every CD I insert is an audio CD.  This is fine
if it is an audio CD, file manager lists eg. "track01.cda" to "track12.cda" for
a 12 music track cd and it plays fine.  But when I insert a data cd, whether
its an original silver disc, a cd-r I burnt or a cd-r from someone else it says
it has "track01.cda" and nothing else.  It can't play it cos no audio tracks are
actually on the disc.

I've been on to Creative Labs tech support and after flashing the CD-RW
drive bios, the motherboard bios and replacing more drivers with the latest
versions on the net they decided to replace it.  I got the replacement on
sunday and it's no better.  Ive since deleted things like RealPlayer WinAmp
etc in case they were interfering, jiggled the IDE cable, updated the new
drives' flash bios and its still pants.

So has ne1 any ideas?  Might I have downloaded a virus sometime (please
no)!  I dunno what to tell tech support now, and I *Really* do not want to have
to reinstall Windows, IE4 then 5, and about 2gb of other stuff.  If anyone thinks
it could be a virus and theres something I could download, pls give me the
url.  I don't need the drive desparetly but would like to burn a disc for a
friend I'm visiting end of march.  I did install AOL 5.0 trial recently but surely
they couldn't have sent an infected CD out!!!

Thanks in advance,
PrinceGaz -- "if it harms none, do what you will"
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://website.lineone.net/~princegaz/
ICQ: 36892193

Earn a minimum of $20 per hour by watching ads on the net!
Visit http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=10164669