> friend I'm visiting end of march.  I did install AOL 5.0 trial recently but surely
> they couldn't have sent an infected CD out!!!

Well, AOL 5.0 has been known to conflict with virtually everything on earth
apart from itself. In fact, tech support departments regularly tell users
to call AOL tech support to teach them how to downgrade themselves to 4.0
(which does not conflict with as much stuff...)!

No joke.

I would seriously suggest you call up AOL and tell them to help you
downgrade to 4.0. That could help.