At 13:45 06/02/00 +0000, you wrote:

>I'm in the UK and I have a Japanese model Sharp 821.  I bought this about 8
>months ago from Electronics Shopping Mall together with a Newstar NF-60 AC
>adapter (220v to 100v).  I also have the Sharp adapter (AD-MD1AP 100v to 5v)
>which I assume comes as standard with the Japanese models.
>
>Unfortunately, the Newstar adapter has blown up leaving me with no immediate
>means of charging the minidisc.
>
>Does anyone know where in the UK I can source a replacement adapter (i.e.
>3-pin plug to 2-pin socket, 240v to 100v)?  Better still, is the Sharp
>adapter for UK models (ADT20APE I think) available to purchase separately?

I can get you a decent 1000mA AC adapter, with a regulated 5V DC output,
which is actually better than the one which Sharp supply.

It should work fine with any Sharp machine, as I have done one for a
friend's MD-MS831 which he bought from Japan, and another for someone else
with an MD-MT161 (exclusive to Dixons, in case you've never heard of this
model). It also works fine on my 722, although I have the proper adapter
for that anyway.

Right, enough waffling - to the point. I can get you one and put the
special yellow DC plug on it, and send it to you for 20 GBPounds, including
P&P to anywhere in the UK.

Let me know so I can order one up for you if you want one :-)

Cheers,

Wrighty