I think you want both capacitors to be 1 microfarad.  This will give a bass roll off
at about 16 hz if the input impedance is 10 k ohm.   read the description at
http://www.mindspring.com/~tidmarsh/binmic/

 If you have to have  variable output, you could bridge the output with a
potentiometer say 10k or so, with and audio taper and connect the wiper to the
capacitor.  You can't get gain out of a passsive circuit, you can only fade it..

I think you'd be better off making with out that though, because it will make it bulky
and you get little out of it.. I show the modification on the circuit below if you
have to try it.  I haven't gone through the math but it should work.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways