> Edmund Wong wrote:
>
> Ahh, but the Sharp has the power saving mode. <snip>
> The Sony doesn't have such a feature and then I assume will constantly
> be filling the buffer (much like the Sharp when power saving is turned
> off)

I think the Sony DOES have a power saving mode, and it's always on. When I
listen to the motor of mine while it's playing, the motor runs for 10
seconds, then shuts down for 45 seconds. The first 5 seconds, the motor is
speeding up, which implies that it is reading at 11 (55/5) times play speed.

simon