Hi,

        As I said on a previous post, I have just put my fingers on the
Sony Inside magazine for the Autumn/Winter season, w/ the specs seperate
booklet.

        I have a MDS-JA20ES since October '99, choosen with the great help
from reviews from minidisc.org and other sites pointed from there.

        The main reasons I preferred it were the variety of digital
in/outs, and Control-A1 S-link ports, together with its sound quality; it
appeared to be a "little sister of JA30ES or JA50ES, but with better
ATRAC, for a fraction of the price!

        I have read almost on every review I've found it features R-Type
ATRAC, although Sony mentions 4.5 version on its site, and also the Inside
specs booklet.  Why? Maybe Sony have an errata, or lies? Has anybody
opened it to see?

        Greets,

Francisco J. Montilla               System & Network administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      irc: pukka        Seville            Spain
INSFLUG (LiNUX) Coordinator: www.insflug.org   -   ftp.insflug.org