Hi,

        I'm experiencing some weirdness with this unit regarding Control
A1, track marking and TOC writing. I use (following the manual) to
activate the "megacontrol" on it (It's hooked to a CDP-CX57 50+1 CD
caroussel via S-Link Control-A1) to make random recordings to a MD for
later listening on my car.

        I was assured that the S-link cable, although Sony specify a mono
one, could be stereo. I'm using a stereo one, and it _seems_ to be
working. Nevertheless, it sometimes "hangs" when I try to turn megacontrol
off, and have to switch both CD caroussel and MD deck completely off to
return to a sane state. Don't know if this happens due to the stereo cable
or what...

        Second, when recording those random playlists, almost everytime a
disc is changed in the caroussel, a silent 5 sec track is recorded on the
MD while the change is in progress. I obviously can delete those tracks,
but apart from being an annoyance, It seems (have read that also
somewhere) that deleting little tracks don't free really the space for its
use. Anyway, what's the S-link for then?

        The third odd thing is that sometimes, when it's time to do a TOC
update, the unit hangs forever with "TOC writing" blinking on its display.
I have waited even hours for it to finish, so I'm almost sure it's hanged.
There is a turnaround though: I switch off power by unplugging it, and
when switched on again, it "recovers" the TOC to the correct state.

        Any opinions?

        greets,

Francisco J. Montilla               System & Network administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      irc: pukka        Seville            Spain
INSFLUG (LiNUX) Coordinator: www.insflug.org   -   ftp.insflug.org