Related to HDTV mailing list and those in MD mailing list and TRV900
mailing list who are owners of or interested in HDTV. (Long.) If topic
does not interest you, please delete.

Hi

I have a Panasonic PT56WXF95 HDTV, a Panasonic TU DST50 HDTV Decoder and
a Panasonic PVHD 1000 HD VCR. I live in Los Angeles (Beverly Hills) and
there are eight stations currently broadcasting with an HD signal with
one more to go on in Spring. This is far more than any market I am aware
of. Digital stations here are 31 KTLA (WB) 36 KNBC (NBC) 42 KWHY
(Business and Spanish) 43 KCAL (Independent) 53 KABC (ABC) 59 KCET
(PBS-not on air yet, scheduled to begin HD broadcasting this Spring) 60
KCBS (CBS) 65 KTTV (FOX) and 66 KCOP (UPN). I get all these stations
perfectly, although I may have to redirect the antenna at times. Most
are broadcastng at least some genuine HDTV programming, others are
simulcasting with their analog siblings for now. However, even analog
programs through the HDTV decoder look much better than the same program
on cable. For now I live in a north facing apartment. I can not get DSS.
So what I would like to do is trade HD tapes with someone who wants HD
network programs (such as The Tonight Show, most of the CBS schedule,
some CBS sports, ABC movies, ABC sports, The X-Files and so on-whatever
you like-and remember even the analog 4:3 shows on digital (such as last
nights Grammys, which would been great in HDTV with 5.1 surround sound)
are better than what you see on any other source other than an HD
channel, with someone who wants HD network programs in exchange for HD
copies of movies I want in HD for my permanent collection (such as
"Titanic" and "The Fifth Element" although there are many, many more)
and other HD programming from HD HBO, HD Showtime, HD Pay Per View and
other satellite HD sources. This would be great for you if you live in
an area where network HD is poor or non existent or a limited number of
networks are available and if you also have the Panasonic setup (PVHD
1000 HD VCR and TU DST50 or TU DST51 HDTV Decoder) as I do. Of course,
you also need the Dish 5000 receiver and the HDTV modulator for that
unit. Others may work as well, but that is the only one I am aware of
(that works in conjunction with the Panasonic units.) Please E-Mail me
or reply if interested.

Thanks,
Rodney