Hi guys, if you think I'm stupid please be gentle with me!

A big thing is made these days of Dolby Pro-Logic Dolby Digital and
all sorts of cinema surround sound systems.  So I'm gonna ask a
really stupid question which I would really like a serious answer
to.

We have two ears, a left and a right ear, so what advantage can be
gained by using more than left and right speakers / headphones?

I know I'm gonna get humiliated by asking this but I can't hold off
asking any longer.  I know in the cinema the sound may seem to
come from behind because it did-- but our two ears received the
sound from all angles and our brain gave us the surround effect.

Cheers,
PrinceGaz -- "if it harms none, do what you will"
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://website.lineone.net/~princegaz/
ICQ: 36892193

Earn a minimum of $20 per hour by watching ads on the net!
Visit http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=10164669