Francisco Jose Montilla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Sharp MS-701: I have heard they have TOC errors. Don't have
>time-stamping function either. Another anoyance common to Sharp
>for this kind of duties: adjusting level while recording
>produces blanks...

The 701/702 *used* to have UTOC errors. I have yet to hear of consistent
UTOC errors with any 70x model made in the past year or so. As for the
"blank" spaces, I've never seen this. In fact, one of the advantages
usually pointed out about the Sharps is that they can adjust record
levels on the fly.

BUT, I wouldn't get the 701/702 now, I'd get the 722...

>Sharp MS-722: It seems to be a very popular unit (I see lots of
>info and hacks for it) but exceeds price, plus the above
>limitations.

It's available in the US for $199 all over the place. I've seen it as low
as $179 after rebate.