From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Keith Wilson
Sent: 06 March 2000 12:22
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: MD: Prices On Websites and Legal Factors Implied

If a price on a website is incorrect, how legally binding is it?

I was on a website today, and saw a price for a MD7xx battery for 0.00 and
a postage cost of 1 ukpound.

On the final checkout screen I saw this:

Listed below are the items you have selected this session. If you are happy
with this choose a payment method and fill out the form. To change any item
return to your shopping basket <basket.ihtml>
ID      name

                        price   quantity        total
8020107 Sharp AD-S30BTX Lithium-ion battery for MD-MS702H       ?CALL
?CALL   2       ?0.00 ?0.00

Total Total Postage Estimate  Ex vat Inc vat United Kingdom Postage:    0.00
    0.00                             ?1.00
Scale of postage charges
Additional postage may be added to  your order by our operators. If so this
is the scale of  charges which will apply               up to ?50       ?50 - ?100
 ?100 or
greater
        UK      ?1.00   ?3.50   ?6.00
        Euro    ?1.00   ?5.00   ?12.50
        Other   ?3.50   ?5.00   ?20.00
For security your IP address has been logged xx.xx.xx.xx

I have hidden the links, and my IP address for confidentiality's sake, I
like my ass where is is and not sued!

In the UK, legally can I hold them to this?

Keith - Senior Development Programmer
 Email : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 SMS   : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Work  : 01689 835 353              Fax : 01689 838 323
 Mobile: 07879 427 867              ICQ : 32923233