On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Gilbert Hangartner wrote:

> Anyway, am I paranoid if I do not want to do the D/A-A/D conversion when
> capturing minidisk audio data into a computer? Does this really not
> matter when working with radio quality interview and nature sounds????
>
> I'm new in audio, but having grown up with computers I can't hardly
> belive that D/A-A/D is the way people do this ...

You would be paranoid if you were dealing with radio quality interviews,
but if these were high quality nature sounds I would start to get
paranoid.

D/A-A/D isn't that way people do this, they usually splurge and get a home
deck. That's what I did. My Kenwood deck has all the inputs and outputs I
need (coax and optical for both input and output). The analog portion also
sounds spectacular. I bet you could get some of the older home decks
relatively cheap nowadays.

Ian