At 3/2/00 10:46 AM, Ralph Smeets increased the world's knowledge by
typing:

>I'm under the impression that you haven't met PrinzeGaz yet... He's our
>'provoker'. I mean, he just likes discussion to much.... ;-)

I guess not. I noticed his smiley, but I just had to get that off my
chest anyway. I feel much better now.  ;-)

BTW... I've looked at other portables as possible replacements for my R50
for this very reason. But all of them, even the new Sony's, seem to have
various usability drawbacks when compared to it. For example, the jog
dial is WONDERFUL. I also love how easy the R50 makes it to mark and
unmark tracks (push a button and you're done).

If Sony made a version of the R50 that had the following modifications, I
would buy one YESTERDAY and tell my friends that they should buy one too:

-- the R90's battery life (actually, the R50's form factor should
      allow a longer life)
-- a backlit display
-- an "automatic" end search when recording
-- the ability to start playing from the beginning without having
      to use the jog dial
-- without cutting the performance (such as the R90's less precise
      track marking or slower startup times)
-- slightly lighter (It doesn't have to be smaller, although slimmer
      might be possible if they're very, very careful about it.)