[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >the ability to start playing from the beginning without
> >having to use the jog dial
>
> Yes! I *hate* this. Add to it the fact that when I'm on the last song, I
> can't hit "forward" to go to track #1 -- I have to jog/skip all the way
> to the beginning or open the door and close it again.

Hmm, AFAIK, the 702 does this. Ie, you can hit "forward" on the last track to go
track #1.

My 7900R car-head has the same behauviour as the portables......

> I'll also add:
>
> - Get a better remote! The Sony "stick" is the stupidest remote I've ever
> used. In order to skip tracks, you have to turn the little knob at the
> end, but to do that with one hand is difficult without hitting the stop
> button embedded in the knob. The Sharp, Aiwa and Kenwood remotes I've
> seen are all much, much better.

Don't know, I've got a 702 and I don't like the looks of the remote. It's easy
to control one-handed however. Sony's stick remote looks cool, but....

> - Implement an insert/eject mechanism like the Sharp 700-series. The
> floppy-style is better in every way: less flimsy, less prone to breakage,
> easier to eject/insert when in a pocket/bag.

It makes the unit thicker... But I like it. I don't know if it is less flimsy or
less prone to breakage, but I feel that Sony should give the customer a choice.
Do like Sharp and provide all units 'double', Ie, one with clam-shell and one
with slot-in. (7xx vs 8xx serie).

Cheers,
Ralph

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE