>       I have heard many people mention about recording in mono to double
> the time on an MD.  What is the command on an MZR-55?  (I assume they
> have one somewhere cause it isn't in the manual...)  Danke...

Get to the place you want to start recording (end search or scan through the
tracks)

Hold down PAUSE.

Slide REC to the right, and hold it for a couple of seconds

"ManualREC" should come up in the display. Release PAUSE and the REC slider.

Press "Mode" to switch between mono and stereo (|<< and >>| will lower/raise
recording volume btw)

Press PAUSE again to start the recording.

I think this is in the manual.. pg13 of mine.

--
Simon