On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, John S. McLachlan wrote:

        Hi,

> >I've got 30 Memorex discs I have picked up from Best Buy  2 months ago and
> >they have work great.  A couple of them I have already recorded over 20x and
> >not a single problem.
>
> OK all you MD die-hards.  What's the most someone has re-recorded an
> MD?   They're supposed to have 10K rewrites or something, right?
> Well, I've never done more than erase some songs and replace, far
> fewer than the 20 this gentleman has.
>
> Just curious who has done a LOT of re-recording on an MD...

        I remember to have re-recorded, and done lots of editing
operations (divide, combine, move) back in 1993 when I was working on a
radio station. I guess I re-recorded over it about 1000 times or less
before the TOC got corrupted, and all its contents were lost. Guess that
point must be far stronger now...

        greets,

Francisco J. Montilla               System & Network administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      irc: pukka        Seville            Spain
INSFLUG (LiNUX) Coordinator: www.insflug.org   -   ftp.insflug.org