John McLachlan wrote,

| OK all you MD die-hards.  What's the most someone has re-recorded an
| MD?   They're supposed to have 10K rewrites or something, right?

1M, actually.

| Well, I've never done more than erase some songs and replace, far
| fewer than the 20 this gentleman has.

I have work discs that eventually fill with tracks I keep, but many of them
surely have had a couple hundred TOC saves and are still going strong.

There was one where I accidentally trashed the TOC and had to recover and
reassemble from scratch.  Some songs were in three or four segments, splayed
across the disc.  Luckily I have an MDS-JE520 and can pinpoint track divi-
sions exactly on cluster boundaries instead of having to judge by ear (it's
not so easy to notice an extra 1/86 of a second and even harder to notice a
missing 1/86 of a second).